What is a cookie
A cookie (or cookie) is defined by the HTTP communication protocol as a sequence of information sent by an HTTP server to an HTTP client, which the HTTP client returns during each interrogation of the same HTTP server under certain conditions.
The cookie is the equivalent of a small text file stored on the user’s terminal.
It is sent as an HTTP header by the web server to the web browser that returns it unchanged each time it accesses the server.
A cookie can be used for authentication, a session (state maintenance), and to store specific user information, such as site preferences or the content of an electronic shopping cart.
Most recent browsers allow users to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. Users can also choose how long cookies are stored. However, the complete rejection of cookies makes some sites unusable.
For example, store shopping carts or sites that require a connection to a customer space for example. Source: www.wikipedia.org
Use of “cookies” on our site
With each connection to our site, subject to your choices, various cookies may be installed in your terminal to allow us to recognize the Internet browser used for example.
These are cookies related to the actual operation of the website.
These cookies allow:
– the generation of statistics of use of the elements present on our site (headings, sub-headings, products, services etc …) in order to improve the daily experience of your visit.
– the adaptation of the ergonomics and the UX design of our site to the preferences of display of your terminal (language of use, resolution of display etc …) during your navigation.
– the combination of your contact details or personal data and navigation information during your registration or access to our products and services, in order to send you, emails that may interest you.
– The registration by your internet browser of information relating to a form that you have completed on our site (registration or access to a customer area for example) or to our products and services (service subscribed or details of a reservation by example).
– Access to reserved areas of navigation on our website such as a customer area, for example, via identifiers and data that you have entrusted to us later.
– The implementation of security measures, for example during an invitation to connect you to all or part of the website, or to one of our products and services after a certain period of time.
Attention, the refusal of use of these cookies can impact the quality of your visit and the user experience.
To learn more about cookies and how they work, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
Use of third-party “cookies”
Images and other objects contained in a web page may reside in servers different from the one hosting the page. To display the page, the browser downloads all these objects. Most websites contain information from different sources.
For example, if you enter www.example.com in your browser, there will often be items or advertisements on a portion of the page that will come from different sources, ie from a different domain than www. .example.com.
The cookies “first” part are cookies that are set up by the domain registered in the address bar of the browser. Third-party cookies are set up by one of the objects on the page that come from a different domain.
By default, browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Opera accept third-party cookies, but users can change settings in browser options to block them.
There is no security risk inherent in third-party cookies that allow functionality for the web.
These third-party cookies may for example enable us to perform statistics (via Google Analytics or Xiti for example), to offer targeted content based on your interests, your preferences, or to identify the third party website. origin having redirected you to our website for example.
These third-party cookies may also allow you to identify and share all or part of the content of our website on social networks via the “share” or “like” features for example.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
Snapchat : https://www.snap.com/fr-FR/cookie-policy/
Configuring “cookies” on an internet browser
To learn more about setting and configuring cookies in your browser, go to the following links:
pour Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ;
pour Safari™ : http://www.apple.com/fr/privacy/use-of-cookies ;
pour Microsoft Edge™ : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy ;
pour Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies ;
pour Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
For any other browser, we invite you to research the Internet search engine of your choice, or to approach your IT manager or IT solution provider.